After cooking the previous weekend in Oregon, this past weekend I set off with a merry band of SIR volunteers on the workers' ride of the SIR 600km brevet.
- Instead of highs in the upper 90s, we had highs in the mid 60s.
- Instead of 20k+ feet of climbing, we had 10k.
- Instead of 6 climbs to above 3000 feet, we had one climb over 1500 feet.
- Instead of only 1 sleepless hour at the overnight stop in Prineville, we had about 7 hours in Centralia, much of which, admittedly, was spent in a bar.
- Instead of 32 hours in the saddle, I had 26.
- Instead of an 11.8mph moving average, I moved at 14.4mph.
- Instead of sun-baked desert, we had lush green Evergreen State scenery.
- Instead of losing calories, I packed them in.
Just what the doctor ordered.
Come try it yourself on Saturday.
(Occasionally functional Google Maps link here)